National Public Radio has a feature project this year on “50 Great Teachers.” The articles seem to come on my radar at very opportune times. With the project almost halfway done, these are the highlights so far from 12 Great Teachers.
- Realize teaching is a learned skill
- Get to the truth
- Build trust
- Assume a secret identity
- Be a sparring partner
- Be someone to watch over them
- Be a teacher, not a friend
- Believe in their success
- Recognize it takes vulnerability to learn
- Look for the success stories
- Blow off steam, but remember why you’re here
- Be grateful to your own teachers
Click image for article.
Cover image credit: nprEd